1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jim R, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

HERE

HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

What probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election.

Mitt won the nomination, enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

In addition,

Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.

Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 4 new Justices over next 8 years. This election is about more than ObamaCare Tax.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you're smokin' something funky.
    So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER?

2. oz

oz Active Member

don't forget about the czars and executive orders.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

4 more years of this?
    [​IMG]

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes, and that's probably the only really legitimate reason to vote for Romney.

In my opinion Republicans should have put more thought into this issue before nominating someone who has a proven anti-gun track record and a proven track record of nominating liberal judges 75% of the time. Romney is the worst GOP candidate to "protect" the Second Amendment.

Why is this issue only important NOW, and not back during the primaries? There was a serious lack of critical thinking when people voted to nominate Romney, but NOW they're thinking of them.

Anyone remember how Reagan nominated Robert Bork? Bork was totally anti-gun. I expect to see the same from Romney.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sigh, yet another anti-Romney rant. Perhaps the pony express is slow to get to Oregone and nobody there yet knows that there is only one GOP candidate and one Comrade candidate.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Dr. Galt,

I stand by my earlier diagnosis---Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Maybe it's ROD- Romney Obsession Disorder---------------

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Maybe it's simply that this is a discussion board. And adults discuss issues.

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Whiney crybabies support Obama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

here is something to consider