1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Here's how tragic accidents happen...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is sad Brian. That is why I don't carry a gun in the pickup when my 4yr. old grandson is here with us. Too much to go wrong. Regards, Charlie

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

Gross negligences, no gross stupidity. You would have to be a moron to leave a loaded pistol in a vehicle with kids.

4. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

According to reports on this evening's newz broacast, the more prosecutor Mark Roe investigated, the worse it got.

Point is, He knew the law. If he had found a driver in non-compliance, he would have cited.

People around here wonder why it took so long to lay charges...

Note sec. (2)

>RCW 9.41.050
    Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

It is a sad happening(accident)and you feel for the family's involved.

It is to bad they don't go after drunk drivers and drivers texting like they are this guy.

Before I make any judgement, I would need to know about the Prosecutors background a little more. The west side is controlled by mostly liberals, and Second Degree Manslaughter looks like a little harsh for what happened.

6. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

What is it that you don't get here TF? "Equal justice under the law" also means equal charges under the law.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

There is such a thing as the letter of the law as well as the Spirit of the law.

Accidents are just that, Accidents. Second degree Murder is a little on the harsh side of the letter of the law here.

I understand he will be dragged through the court system, that is how lawyers and prosecutors get paid.

8. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

TF, What this guy did was not an accident, it was negligence. Because it was a tradgedy does not make it less a crime.

Speaking of lawyers and courts, you would be just the type of guy a defence lawyer would select to seat on a jury. (based on your view that law is 'flexible')

The case moved into the system partly because many local residents' persistant questions regarding equal and appropriate application of the law. It was delayed for months before charging. The evidence called for the charging, not the prosecutor.

My 'opinion' based on what evidence has been revealed to the public is that this man is a diph$it that disregarded basic requirements of having firearms and young children in one's life.

Leaving your children unattended in a car is negligent (and charg-able). Leaving a loaded gun in the car with them is dispicable. (and his wife is an accomplice in this as well)

I would buy 'bubba' all the 'lava' soap required for Mr. Negligent's stay in Walla Walla.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm not seeing how this is second degree murder. But criminally negligent homicide, yeah.

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I read some time back that more children drown in back yard swimming pools each year then are killed playing with loaded firearms.

11. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Stanwood Washington is a farming community, predominately dutch ancestry. Does one REALLY need to pack a loaded pistol while shopping at the feed store?

I won't comment on the severity of the charges. If the level of evidence does not support conviction of Manslaughter, the jury would aquit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.