1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Here we go again on gun control.......

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Sep 22, 2013.

1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

He needs to spend his energy on jobs and the economy!!

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    President Jackass keeps going after the guns of law-abiding citizens instead of LOCKING UP THE DAMN CRIMINALS. Fix our catch and release criminal injustice system.

3. SBray

SBray Active Member

I just read a similar story on Yahoo. All the comments I read really had scathing remarks about Obama and the other anti gunners. They felt there should be more effort to focus getting the criminals and mentally ill persons away from the guns and leaving the law abiding citizens alone.

Steve

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bob Siefert on Face the Nation...first question to politicians..."what are we going to do about gun control?

The Senator from Oklahoma (Can't remember his name), stated that this is a mental issue and the shooter was diagnosed at the V.A. as a mental case but he wasn't dealt with, allowed to leave, retained his security clearance, and somehow walked into the base carrying a shotgun.

Polical/racial profiling is a NO-NO. But racial profiling in reverse prevented anyone from stopping this guy, and 3 government agencies let him slide on by.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I guess that means the price of AR's will go up and the availability of ammo will hit the skids..again

6. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Watch out Calvin, it may just be shotguns this time. After all, a shotgun was to blame for this senseless act of violence. Not government incompetence or political correctness.

Who wants to bet me if the shooter was white, his mental issues may have been treated a wee bit differently.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'll bet you're right!!!

8. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Zero want's to take our means to protect our selves so he can take over.

I still can't believe congress and the American people are allowing this clown to shove his crap down our throats.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

He won't say anything about the criminal element because that would mean he'd have to do some heavy lifting on the subject of who commits the majority of crimes in this country. And no that isn't a racist statement, but rather a statement of fact. It isn't the color of ones skin that makes you do wrong, it's your environment/culture that is the problem. Unfortunately you won't get any politician or news media to address the real issues. And in my (never to be humble ) opinion the majority of the fault lies with the democratic party (LBJ) when they discovered votes could be bought at the expense of poor black people. They replaced family values with a government check and systematically stripped the integrity/work ethic/family values/pride etc.. from the very ones they CLAIMED to be helping. Just my $.02

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nothing to do with public safety but everything to do with agenda.

11. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Our newspaper said that Kerry is going to sign the U.N. gun control document on behalf of the U.S. And I thought that the American people were against the U.N. telling us what to do in violation of our second amendment rights. I guess I was wrong.

12. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Why is gun control never compared to our military and the history of our wars. The lefts logic is more guns equal more deaths, and more advanced guns, equal even more mass killings. If that were the case, the US would now be fighting the most deadly war in history. The reality is we have lost fewer soldiers in war than every before, especially since the "War on Terror" has been going on for over a decade (Afghanistan/Iraq $5,200 deaths). On the contrary 215,000 soldiers died in only 4 years of the civil war. Maybe it has something to with other countries being afraid to mess with a properly armed society. If the left mantra of "No guns, No deaths" were true, then why not just get rid our advanced weapons, and only have an army equal to that of other countries. Why try to have a more advanced army, since that just means more deaths? If it saves just one life then wouldn't it be worth it? I mean I am sure wars never happened, and people never died in wars prior to assualt weapons.

Why were none of ten most deadly wars listed below fought with advanced weapons like today, and why are only 3 of the 10 within a 100 history. Man that Qing Dynasty must have had a ton of AR-15's back in 1616.

60,669,200-84,589,300 – World War II (1939–1945), (see World War II casualties)
    30,000,000–60,000,000 – Mongol conquests (1206-1324)[2][3][4][5]
    27,000,000 – Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945)[6]
    25,000,000 – Qing dynasty conquest of Ming Dynasty (1616–1662)[7]
    20,000,000 – Taiping Rebellion (1850–1864)[8]
    16,563,868-30.000.000 – World War I/Great War (1914–1918) (see World War I casualties)
    16,000,000 – White Lotus Rebellion (1794-1804)[citation needed]
    13,000,000 - An Lushan Rebellion (755–763)[9]
    10,000,000 – Era of Warring States (475 BCE–221 BCE)
    10,000,000 - Red Eyebrows Rebellion (9-24)