1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

here in massachusetts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

here in mass, I get in conversations with people I know I should just avoid. This topic has come up more than I can stand. About how bad the USA is. I can not control myself.........NAME ONE COUNTRY THAT IS BETTER. Yet to find anyone to give me a answer with any solid reasons. One person told me switzerland????I may be wrong but I do not think you can become a citizen of Switzerland. 2. try finding a job, 3. are there not huge taxes in switzerland. Never in my short life have I heard of any other country with so many things anyone can achieve,do,want. what other country can you get paid for not working.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Massachusetts: are they still part of the USA?

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

starting to think not, we now have the liberation front of brookline, communistist social hardvard, and a state that gave 1 mil of tax payers money to a mosk built here in boston. Also I think there is a ban on flying our nations flag, fewer and fewer being flown at private homes.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

What's Good About America, In Case You Forgot

Just in case you've forgotten, Americans are still incredibly blessed.

Even in the middle of the downbeat news coverage of the day, the wars and rumors of wars, the natural disasters that always come somewhere, the troubles, the politics, the scandals, the desperate needs -- even in the middle of all of it, we have so much to celebrate.

Realize again how amazing our everyday lives are. We use personal computers routinely -- an unthinkable notion 50 years ago. We engage in instantaneous communications with people almost anywhere in the world on the internet or by telephone. We hear the world's finest music whenever and wherever we wish. When faced with serious illnesses or the health crises of childbirth or early infancy, we are usually spared premature death by modern medicine. We own and drive cars; we live comfortably in homes and apartments; we work in any of thousands of professions of our choosing; we have the spare time to enjoy any one of a million pastimes. The mind boggles at it all. We cannot take it all in, so we stop thinking about it and we start to take it for granted.

Why are Americans so richly blessed? The secrets are there for any nation to see and emulate. We are blessed by our democratic form of government that also respects individual liberties, by the rule of law that keeps us reasonably safe from crime and fraud, by our national defense, by our free market economy that is the engine of our material abundance, and, last but not least, by our widely-held religious faith, our trust in a power higher than ourselves. It is no accident that our money says, "In God We Trust."

We live in wealth and freedom that was unimaginable for almost all of human history, even for the wealthiest monarchs. Let us remember this as we live our daily lives and work through our troubles. We are abundantly blessed. Let us rejoice.

Gina Cobb on March 08, 2006

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

A friend of mine married a girl from Mass. They lived in Indiana and her family would come down and visit a couple of times a year. My friend loves to bar b que and he would have a big picnic when his inlaws came into town and he would invite all his friends too. I got to know his inlaws somewhat, they would bitch about high taxes, illegal immigrants, gun laws, high price of beer in Mass and on and on. But yet everyone of em thought Ted Kennedy was God, and the man could do nothing wrong.

Go figure.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The purest judge of a country is; How many people are trying to get out vs how many are trying to get in? The only ones trying to get out, in my view, are felons in flight. The estimated number of illegal aliens says the rest, don't it?

Buz

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I'm with Bisi!

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Bisi Their is a very good possibility that your friends in laws come from the eastern 1/3 of the state. That is the area that has the heaviest population. It is predominately Liberal Democrats.

You said "they would bitch about high taxes, illegal immigrants, gun laws, high price of beer in Mass and on and on. But yet everyone of em thought Ted Kennedy was God" If they are bitching about illegal immigrants and gun laws(unless they thought there wasn't enough gun laws)and they thought Fat Teddy was God believe me they are hypocrites. Fat Teddy is the leader in this state to keep all the illegals right here. The same with gun although these days he keeps a lower profile on guns.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.