1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Here comes Irene...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Grocery store (Walmart) was full last nite. Camping equipment aisle was decimated. I was looking for a campfire coffee pot (just in case) but so was everyone else evidently. Bread aisle was empty. Big gaps everywhere in the grocery sections. Water was stock piled.
    Tied the grill to the deck and put away all loose items except potted plants. Will do that in the a.m.
    Very hot and humid in southern New England. Did not get over to the R. I. overlook to see the ocean from about 30 feet up. Maybe tomorrow.
    How about you? Irene is due here in CT @ 8 am Sunday morning.

2. avery53

avery53 Member

All calm here in Mi.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Good luck you East-coasters, hope you all are OK.

avery

3. rpeerless

Predictions are that these states haven't seen anything like this since 1944. We'll be hanging in there literally. Preparing for the worse and praying for the best scenario. Also emergency alerts are anticipating power outages that could last as long as seven days.
    :) thanks for your well wishes and I 'm glad nothing is shaking in So Cal.

4. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

Very calm here in Southeastern Mass. Was at both Lowes and Home Depot and the only thing they were sold out of was "D" batteries.

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

sitting in a very dark embassy suites in tysons corner, electric out all around and Irene isn't even here yet! More worried about the children living in new york city. wish I were back in North Georgia!

blade819

6. rpeerless

Where is Tyson's corner? VA? The least the Embassy Suites could do would be to give you a complimentary flash light. Hope you do okay with the storm.

and batteries..

nothing like being in a strange place in the dark with a major hurricane bearing down...

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I mentioned on another thread that I drove to Newport News, Virginia, and back to southcentral Pennsylvania on Thursday. It was very windy there and the manager of the office I visited did not expect to be open on Friday but said that he and the other employees would be in to board up the windows.

I stopped at the Wawa across the street for gas for the return trip and went inside for a fountain drink for the road - I didn't bother finding the machine as there were lines of people waiting to pay for batteries and such.

Ed

8. jdomas

jdomas Member

Wind is starting to pick up in Manassas. I am stuck in a Holiday Inn until 3 this afternoon when I get to go to work in DC at a sewer pump station.

John D.

9. doc boc

doc boc Member

Well its saturday, 10am i'm here in my long island ny office. mostly everyone has canceled. I have a few thing to do before irene hits. hope to be here monday. doc

10. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

God Bless everyone in it's path. I hope everyone stays well.

Vern

11. oletymer

oletymer Member

I am sitting here in Washington state on a warm beautiful day. I hope you guys on the east coast get through this with minimal problems.

12. rpeerless

Worked hard to do all that needed to be done. Electric company sent out warnings via telephone (a first).
    Then read on Drudge Report a short while ago, that the storm has been grossly exaggerated for political purposes. Winds were exaggerated from 30mph to 80mph. etc.
    Its been hot muggy and still most of the day with little rain. Will wait to see what happens tonight into tomorrow. What say you?

Wish I was shooting today, instead. (WIWS)

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Mostly 50-60mph at my place and tons of water...nearby Millington has about 3ft of water...my brother down the road lost all power at 10pm Sat night and wastold not to expec t it back for at least 4 days or so as his area is a low priority...all in all could have been worse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.