1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Here come the taxes

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tj303, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

Get ready to pay more for your beer and wine.
    http://www.digitalcity.com/2009/05/25/big-beer-and-wine-tax-on-the-way-call-your-congressman/

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Way ahead of you. In Illinois we have a new tax coming, I think it takes effect on June 1, called a sin tax. A new tax on cigarettes, alcohol products, fast food & several other things. The state is broke just like the federal governments, so instead of doing what a family would do in that situation--cut back spending. Nope, gonna increase or create new taxes & spend, spend spend! Really getting tired of this crap. Colonel

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Their is a new value added tax by the Feds. that is being tossed around. 25% in case anyone is interested. I doubt it though since it seems like most people on this sight voted for Moabama. They will let him take care of them.
    Ingnorance.

4. bocephus

bocephus Member

Well??? When are we going to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?????

Oh nevermind, sorry to bother you comfortable sheople...go back to sleep.......

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It's redistribution of wealth. The citizen must contact their representatives and then if they vote for any increase in taxes, vote them out of office. I'm sure someone wants to run against them who will not raise taxes. How many people voted for Obama thinking he was only going to raise taxes on the wealthy? This is a bunch of crap; did anyone out there think Obama wouldn't raise your taxes? Allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire will raise your taxes. I can see having more politicians running on the basis of taxes; then they deserve my vote. If any of my representatives support any increase in taxes I will email them and tell them they will not receive my vote in the next election. Now if thousands of people do that it can make a difference. BT-100dc

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

Watch the "FEES" rise! Is this a new name for "TAXES" !!!!! JOND

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQsIBtwUh6Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQsIBtwUh6Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We are hearing rumors via Fox News about a federal income tax on ALL purchase items. This is different from the Republican federal income tax where it would replace the current federal income tax. Pay for articles and not have the end of the year tax. Those tossing the new idea around want both a federal income tax on all purchased items plus the same end of the year tax.

Do we have representation for what the people want regarding taxes? The infomation from Fox news was yesterdays news and only a exploration at this point. I hope this is accurate, Michael

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pretty soon we'll be able to obtain loans and mortgages from ACORN......

Curt

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Please email your Congressmen to investigate ACORN; also, with their track record all monies should be cut-off. And the 2010 census, this is insanity to allow ACORN to participate. The more power these groups get, you will see thuggery and Brown Shirts tactics like used in Germany in the 1930's.
    BT-100dc

11. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

There are actually a few types of taxes being considered.

First, there is a national sales tax that is being considered. The rate being discussed is 10% on all goods and services.

The second, is a VAT (value added tax) that would be imposed at every point that an item increases in value, e.g if you take a stock blank that is worth $200, finish it thus increasing the value to $400 the $200 increase would be taxed. The tax will be imposed every time value is added/increased- this is common in Europe. This also causes taxes to be paid on taxes collected in previous stages. The rate being discussed is 25%.

A third less discussed tax is one added to any product containing sugar of any type- that basically covers almost all foods and beverages we consume.

There are others being discussed, but have not yet been presented.

People better start waking up....

Hope and change = We _hope_ we can tax you to the point where we leave you with pocket _change_.

Jim C

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I heard them talking about a national sales tax this morning. It is a liberals dream. They said after being implemented in different liberal countries around the world is when government growth really took off. The cost is hidden in everything you buy. It starts small and grows and grows and grows and raises very large sums of money. Like I said, a liberals dream. The government controls us and takes away our freedoms by taxation. They can manipulate us by punishments and rewards. They won't ever ban guns and ammo. No need to. You can tax it out of existence. Like they have done with hunting. Make it so expensive and cumbersome that only a few will put forth the effort and expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.