1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hercules Unique Powder??????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SR1, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I have come across some unique powder made by hercules and would like to use it for 1 1/8 loads with a gun club hull,figure 8 wad and sts primers. Does anyone have load data for this load useing this powder I do not have a older loading manual.
    Thank you Shaun.

2. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Here's what's listed on Alliant's reloading site.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/RecipePrint.aspx?shotype=&weight=1.125&weightdis=1+1%2f8&shellid=492&gtypeid=3&gauge=12&lid=445

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Shaun... All the information you need regarding Unique powder can be found by mashing the link above... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Thanks I just wanted to be sure it was the same burn rate as the new stuff.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

SR1

The powders should be very close, possibly with the usual lot to lot variations you might expect for a span of time. Hercules was the "old" manufacturer and now "Alliant" makes it. Essentially the same stuff and the new data should work fine with the old lots of powder. By the way, DON'T TOSS THE EMPTY CAN! If you don't want it, save it for someone who might collect them.

6. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Do you know anyone that collects that stuff?

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

SR1,

Just ask around one of the gun clubs. I'm sure someone would love to have it. You could also try looking or putting it up on eBay. I have a lot of the old cans, but doubt they are worth much. It's just nice to have the old stuff out for display on the shelf for the younger generations. Most if the old cans I have are still full of powder. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.