1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

herco powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lostandout, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostandout

lostandout Member

any body use herco powder for 1 1/4 oz loads

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used Herco for years, works well in 1 1/4 oz loads. I switched to 7625 however

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

It's Herco and Yes I have. And there is not a better Crow killer out there. Except maybe Blue dot. lol

JK

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

If you have it- it's OK to good, but as per cubancigar there are better choices, I like 4756 low chamber pressure good if you like older SxSs etc. Ross Puls

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

All my pot shoot loads are Herco. I shoot it in Federal papers for 11/4oz., and in Top Guns for 11/8oz loads for my call shots. It is pretty low pressure powder, and you can get some exceptional patterns with it if you do some experimenting. Herco really comes into its own in Federal papers, when you are using any kind of buffering, and will reach out there as far as you can shoot and still break the target with authority. I have tried 4756, 7625, 800X, Blue Dot, Longshot, etc. and always go back to Herco...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. lostandout

lostandout Member

picked up some to try for back door loads and shootoffs 1250 load at 9600 psi sounded good

brian

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Herco is a good powder for 1 1/4 oz. loads. Check out the Alliant web site for STS hulls. I load 1 1/4 oz. with a Rem 209P primer, SP12 wad and either 25 or 27 grains for 1220 fps for size 7 shot or 1275 fps for size 5 shot. These loads have lots of reach and moderate recoil.

Herco in Federal Paper hulls works well as the paper hull has lots of room. Again, check the Alliant web site.

Ed Ward

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have killed THOUSANDS of birds with Herco. I have also loaded 4756, blue dot, and 754, 571 as well as others. Herco is as goos as any of them and better then most in my opinion. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

herco powder

herco power
is herco a good powder