1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Herb Parsons Showman Shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spclays1, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

50 years ago today. In the Memphis Tenn. newsrag today in the news from the past. I thought I would share, he live just outside Memphis.

Death has claimed the life of one of the greatest exhibition shooters since the era of Annie Oakley. Herbert Parsons of Somerville, Tenn., died at 12:30 yesterday afternoon at Methodist Hospital after undergoing major surgery Thursday. Herb, as he was known throughout the sporting world, was 51. Last March while in California on a shooting exhibition for Winchester-Western Arms Co., Herb became ill and returned to his Somerville home to rest. He never made another public shooting appearance. Thirty years ago he joined Winchester-Western as an exhibition shooter and at the time of his death was recognized as the "world's champion exhibition shooter."

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Incredible Shooter! Probably the best of all time! I have read stories about Herb as a kid hunting upland game birds with a .22 LR!

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

those were good times for all americans-- simple , not complicated, we looked up to guys like mr parsons as genuine in their love of a sport!! i think in all types of shooting and hunting , we live on fond memories.

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I work with (across the hall) and have shot with Herb's son, H.L. Parsons. A fine gentleman and a good surgeon.

JB=Jerry Beach 85603917

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I was very fortunate to meet Herb Parsons even know I was a young kid. Herb was a friend of the family and stayed with us when he was nearby. I remember Herb bringing into the house some of his guns to show us. Good memories. Todd

6. Cray

Cray Member

It was Herb's video that got me "hooked" on trapshooting at the age of 13!
    I'm now 66 and still shooting trap. Cray

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Having watched the films with Herb shooting, he was the Master at the art.

It's so gratifying to know that his boys, Lynn and Jerry are keeping Herb's memories alive for us.

Dave (formerly in NY)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

herb parsons showman shooter