1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Herb Parsons..Car Top Speakers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I have been doing a little research about Herb Parsons, and have been looking into what happened to the Car Top Speakers he had. These were huge Winchester replica shells mounted on his station wagon with speakers inside.

From a family member, I have found out that after Herb's death they went back to the dealer that had leased Herb his cars, and then went on to be used by a sportsmens group, but from there they have disappeared.

Would anyone in the Tennessee area (Or anywhere for that matter) know the whereabouts of these pieces of history. I'm not looking to buy them or anything like that, I just wanted to know if anyone knows where they are, and have they been preserved.

Thanks, Dave in SC

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I work in the same building as Dr. L. Parsons, Herb's son. I should be able to ask him this question on Tues. Stay tuned.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i am curious-- does he shoot??

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Jerry,

The good Doctor is who gave me the information I have so far. Thank you for the offer to contact him though.

Dave in SC

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dr. Lynn Parsons use to shoot at our club till he moved.
    He enjoys trap, and is a fairly good shot and gentleman. Great guy.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I have shot with Dr. Lynn abd he will clean your clock if you are not careful. That's been a few years ago. I'm not sure if he is still actively shooting but is sure a nice guy.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

parsons trap shoter

parsons winchester shot shell car top speakers

winchester tin signs - herb parsons & station wagon