1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Rifle- All American made

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smoke 1, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

Saw a fascinating program today about the Henry rifle. Every part is AMERICAN made. Wood from Missouri and Kansas(American walnut), barrels made in Ohio, receivers made in Missouri. It's a shame they don't advertise more but gladly they keep a lot of Americans employed here in this great U.S. A. They also make great kid's rifles (youth 22).

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

henrys are enough money already no need for extra advertisment cost.
    Henrys are great little plinkers I have been waiting for one to cross my path for a while now.

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

LOL Henrys enough money ALREADY. 3 Years ago I said the same thing about Trap guns! Who in their RIGHT mind would spend $20,000. on a 12ga that shoot 1 shot and has to be reloaded? I can do the same with a H&R which is USA made. But now find myself looking and dreaming of the next big thing no matter if its Japan,Italy,German,or American. I buy American when at all possible, but quality is quality. NOW if China were to put out a trap gun(LMFAO) I can imagine some form of SKS or AK wood and steel from recycled Dodge ASPEN that rust when you look at it.

Just depends on what your into to a Cowboy shooter I am thinkin he would like that price. I am so happy that USA still makes great product at great value.

JERRY

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have one and have solds hundreds of them. I've never had to send one back for repair, period. At first I was a little concerned with putting a scope rail on the Golden Boy due to the thickness of the metal but it turned out to be a worry over nothing. Our local gunsmith has tapped several of them with no problems. They are accurate as well reliable. Jackie B.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jerry, You were doing great till you insulted my long loved Dodge trucks. Their not any rustier than Chevy, Ford, or any others. :)

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Henry has a smooth action and is fairly accurate right out of the box. The only complaint I would have is the Golden Boy has to low of a stock for me. I have to almost rest my jaw on the comb to see the sights. Now the Frontier is a different story, great gun, mounts great, accurate and with the octagon barrel one of the prettiest lever guns there is in my opinion. Best of all, American made.

7. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Somewhere I have an insert that was in our Sunday paper with the coupons a couple of years ago. It was a whole page ad for Henry. A rifle and a hand on the bible.....it said "Henry's will always be made in America or not at all". I was very impressed with that ad.

8. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

I personally own two henry's one is the golden boy with octogan barrel in .22 mag. and the other is the plain jane .22 LR that my 9 year old shoots. Both are well made guns that we love. My only complaint is the drop on the comb as someone already stated. But that can be adjusted with a leather comb riser if you wish.

Jack

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A lot of guys at my club shoot Henry's and I've always been impressed with the action and quality. Last week one of the Golden Boy shooters came over with a new Henry Acu-Bolt. I'll be honest. it's a piece of junk single shot that comes with a junk scope. He gave $300.00 for it. I can't believe Henry would put their name on it. JMO

Wayne

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The old Dodge Power Wagons were the best of the best. I drive a Ford 250 but I would buy a new Dodge in a heartbeat. nd like Bill said, they dont rust any sooner than any other truck, its all in where you live. No rust here in Idaho

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I like Henry's, but they sure do have crappy fit and finish (both wood and metal). I have yet to see one without blemished brass.

Jb

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I bought one of their plain lever action .22 rifles a few years back for "future" grandkid.

Probably won't be fired for another 10-12 years.

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I wish Henry could take over Marlin from Remington. The new Marlins (especially the 39's)are junk!

Gleaned this off the Rimfirecentral forum:

"ON FRIDAY THE FREEDOM GROUP ANNOUNCED THEY WERE SHUTTING DOWN MARLIN PRODUCTION DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES. THEY LOST THEIR KEY PRODUCTION PEOPLE WHEN THEY MOVED. ONE IS NOW AT RUGER AND THE OTHER AT COLT.

sad, but inevitable.......... "

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'll stick with my original Oregon built Kimber....

15. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I wasn't overly excited by the looks of the Henry's,but my wife won one so we scoped it up and they are a fine shooting accurate little plinker. As she puts it, it is here Rifleman Rifle and the ground squirrls quake in their dens when she goes afield.

16. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I am thinking of mounting a new Leupold 13/4 to 5 power scope on a Henry 30-30. Great White Tail caliber for here in the Northeast. My wife gave me the Scope for Christmas, and I would like to mount it on a new 30-30. Any thoughts??

17. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Ok for those Dodge fans I offended I will have to change it to 4door Aspens. But Here in NY once the rust started they were goners. I had to toss up over Henry and Ruger lever 22 and always wished I had the Golden boy over the 96/22 since. I only bought it to go with my collection of Rugers.

Buying American is important to me and almost dred the trips to wally world and I do check labels and when and where available and affordable as well things from here at home come home first!!

After all We all grew up watching Cowboys,and in most of us we all still want the Cowboy guns!

May we all never grow up all the way and keep haveing fun!

Jerry Lewis

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Been wanting a 22mag octagon model but the low combs are the only thing stopping me from writing the check...my messed up peepers NEED a scope

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Calvin......The Frontier model is a Blued model with octagon barrel and the stock is not as low as a Golden Boy. Go look at one, you might be surprised at how well they fit.

20. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Jerry-

Where are you in NY? I'd take that 96 of your hands.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are henry guns made to last

henry rifles missouri wood