1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Lever action Rifles?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Husky44, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Been thinking about getting another 44mag lever action. Sold my older marlin years ago and would like to stay with an American made rifle.

Are these new Henry's good? I'll be hunting with the rifle..Thanks

husky44_2008_290739.jpg

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

IMHO, there is no comparison. The Henry is today what Marlin was back in the 30s, a very well made and fully functional rile. Today's Marlin is a disaster, a real piece of trash. Just go to the Marlin lovers site and see what they saw. It's a crying shame.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a pre-hammer safety Marlin. All steel. I have the 444 and 35 Remington, great guns.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have 2 Henrys and they are outstanding in quality. The action reminds me of a fine watch. Dont hesitate to buy one

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Thanks for the positive feedback on Henry's..I'm putting in the order.

A410..I also have an old beat up .35 and a 444 pre-safety, great guns!

I bought a Marlin 45/70GG two-years ago and was very disappointed in the quality, sold it in less than 6-months.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If you want a really unique Marlin I have a M375 (375 Winchester cal) with a classic steel tube El Paso Weaver scope I might part with

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You won't regret buying the Henry. Might want to let the brass tarnish a bit before the deer hunt though. Beautiful rifles but they do reflect a lot of light.

8. len loma

len loma TS Member

A while back I bought Henry 22 model with aluminum reciever. Smooth action with nice wood for the price. Could not get over the cheap plastic sight/mag hanger. Sold it to buy a Marlin 39 which I have been very happy with. Len

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Buy a good, used, older Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag.

10. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

I picked up and looked at three different Henry 22s. The stock was way to low on all three of the Henry Rifles that I looked at. When I put my head on the stock my eye was below the hammer. For me the stocks were about 2" low. I don't want a rifle that I have to hold my head 2" above the stock to see the sights.

11. CalvinMD

yes the stocks are really really low...forget using a scope..your whole jawbone would be off the wood

12. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

I own a Marlin Golden Mounty bought in the late fifties. I paid it out at two dollars a week at Western Auto from a paper route. I also have two Henrys. One .22 LR and one .17 HMR. The Henrys are very close to the quality of the Marlin. The drop of the stock is more on the Henrys but not a great degree lower. Either, with a scope, would require your head off the stock or some sort of comb raising device. We give Henrys away at the Texas State Shoot every year. Come shoot with us. Jimmy Borum

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'm not fond of Henrys. VERY poor fit and finish, and even though the brass receiver looks really nice, it can't match a steel receivers strength.

JMHO!!

14. CalvinMD

its well worth the effort to search for a pre 2007 Marlin..no matter what caliber you are searching for

15. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

my son has put over 100 bricks of ammo through his Henry 22. Very accurate and never a malfunction. Best thing is they are made in Brooklyn USA.