1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Guy, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Recently I moved to a lighter beretta al391 over a citori special trap with a recoil reducer. The beretta is a little shorter and I swing it better on the angles. But, on certain straight away or slightly angle targets I start off with a good move but at the last second I jump it and blow completely over it. It's not a flinch, I dont Know what it is. Any response is appreciated.

Browning Guy

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sounds like a flinch to me. But just to clarify, are you saying that you have an involuntary movement just before you pull the trigger or are you saying that you are over swinging the gun?

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Get a barrel weight. Wayne

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Try holding the trap gun a tad closer to the trap house. I do the same thing on straight-aways if I hold too high. Good luck.

LA in MA

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lunging at or "poking" at target often times is caused by LOP being too short.

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thanks everyone I thought about a barrel weight but Im trying to fix the problem without spending any money. wolfram: I see the target alright but I make a really fast move to it and pull the trigger too quick.
    Tron: recently I tried holding the gun a little lower and I didn't notice myself doing it but I did that for only about 50 shots.
    Thanks to all
    Brownig Guy

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe your lifting your head and really shooting below the target. I do that all the time when I try to get to fast.

8. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

EE: I'd have to get a new email for that to happen otherwise I would:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.