1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm having some problems with straight aways (hard rights on 1-2 and hard lefts on 3-4). It seems like I have a tendency to shoot too far outside of the leading edge of the target, sort of like I'm mentally thinking I need lead on these birds. Anyone able to explain what my movement to these targets should be? I shoot a low gun.

2. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

May I suggest a trip to the patterning board to make sure your gun is shooting where you're looking? I think if you come up just to the right edge of the birds on the hard rights from 1 and 2 or the left edge on the hard lefts from 3 and 4, you should be OK.

If you can have someone look at you and the target while you shoot, that can help, too. They may be able to point out if you're arm shooting, peeking, etc.

Good luck!

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

RICH,
    Go up to Mt Morris Sportsman's Club tomorrow and spend 30 minutes and a box of shells on the poi plate that I built for the club. You will learn a lot about your problem.

If that doesn't help you will have to make a trip to SC so I can watch you shoot.

Ron Burdick

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

The patterning board it is then. A trip to SC does sound better though! You know how frustrating it is to shoot a 24 because you missed a straight shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.