1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with your 366

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Is that shell plate turning hard because of primers that haven't seated all the way? Take an spray can of the same suff you use on brass cases and spray it on your primers before using them. Helps to ease things up a bit. And for all I know it might even help the primers on they're way down the drop tube. Aaaa..... don't expect any increase in score on this move fellas. lol Jim

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Spray anything on primers.. Don't think so..How about adjusting the primer seater correctly..

3. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I haven't reloaded for some time but when my 366 plate was hard to turn, the cause was always a few lead pellets wedged in the outside groove under the plate. Pull your plate off and use a small screwdriver or ice pick to pry out the lead shot. As I recall they rubbed on the brass part of the shell.

4. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The spring loaded primer seater makes it kind of fool proof.

Anything liquid on primers is usually a invitation to a squib or dead primer.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Had a catching issue one time, several years ago, that drove me nuts until I got it figured out. The primer cup was adjusted up too much and the hull was catching the lip as it rotated. I figured it out and how to time it properly and the needed adjustments to make a crimp look factory.

I then happened onto an owners manual that said I did everything like I was supposed to. Go figure.

ss

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

BigBore, I use 'One Shot' spray. Spray it on while primers are still in the plastic holder. Not heavy. Just enough to get some on. If the primer fails from that it wasn't the fault of the spray, but the primer. I do have the old style primer seater. Which can't always drive every primer uniformly. Jim

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

When I used to wrestle with my 366 ( I have a mec 9k now and life is great!) and the shell plate got hard to move I would back the main nut just a wee bit and it would free up..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.