1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with wrong wad use

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by late bloomer, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

I discovered that the load I was shooting (I am getting back into trap shooting after 3 years absence)used a wad that is not in the Promo recipes web site. I had been using STS hulls, 1 1/8 shot, 17.7 gr Promo, Win 209 primer, and a WT 12 wad. I have not chronographed this load. Do I dare continue using the WT12 wad? What harm could come from it? If not, I have a case of WT12 wads I may not use.

Thanks for any advice.

Terry Sandlin

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Terry IIRC the WT12 was the economy wad designed to win back some of the lost business to Claybusters. When they first came out I believe that they were to be loaded just like the WAA12.

--- Chip King ---

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I have found that the WT12 wads go through my Mec machine a lot better than the WAA 12 wad. HMB

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The WT12 will work just fine. I'm still working off a couple of cases I got a good deal on - zero problems with a 1,200 FpS International Clays load. If you really don't want to use them I'll make you an offer on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.