1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with windows 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by motordoctor, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I NEED HELP. I just got a new computer with windows 7. when i open a screen it opens in part of the screen. I have to expand it with the enlarge button or draw out the top and sides. When it is closed and reopened it comes back as the smaller size. In XP it would normally remember that larger size. Where is the setting to make it remember the larger size when reopening the program. Thanks.. Motordoctor

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Right side of screen at top, left click on tools, click on full screen, also try the F11 button at top of key board. HMB

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't have that problem, but I consider this OS to be a festering pile of dog poo.

You have less control over your computer than ever. This thing will sit there and just start doing stuff on its own, and opening task manager to see WTF is going on does not show you all the processes that are working.

I think it's calling the black helicopters to hover outside my window.

HM

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

motordoctor even though I agree with HM's statement,

"I don't have that problem, but I consider this OS to be a festering pile of dog poo."

If you click on the colored space above the address bar and hold the mouse button down and move the small window to the top of the screen it will expand automatically. At least that is what mine does. When it is expanded if you repeat the process and bring the window down it will decrease in size again.

The whole damn program is weird to begin with. As an example if you open a word pad document and it opens in a small window or for that matter a full screen window. Shove it to the right it will come back down(or up to as the case may be)to half screen. It comes in handy for some thing but it is a PITA when it is so much easier to just open in full screen and reverse the process if you wish.

Of course if your ownership rights went any further than paying for the computer. It might give you options on how to learn these thing other than watching tutorials on line. Good luck, BTW try the little rectangle in the task bar at the far right. When you put the cursor on the it it say show the desk top if you click on it that is what it does. What ever you would use it for isn't explained!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Or.......You can Google "Windows Maximizer" and download and install it and whenever you open a window, this little utility will make sure it opens in the maximized position.

Works for me!

Hauxfan!

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

motordoctor

Rather than bash something you don't understand, I'll give you a solution that works with many programs in many verions of Windows. Size the Window to what you want, then hold down the left "Shift" key, then close the program with the Red "X" in the top right corner while holding the "Shift" key. It should then open up at the new size from then on. There are some exceptions to this, but it works with many Windows programs. If it relearns it's original size, simply apply the trick another time.

7. ivanhoe

Hauxfan it works in windows 7??? In my experience with this pile of pooh program if the program isn't compatible with Windows 7. It won't work well and it will screw up many of the programs that do.

Bob Lawless

8. ivanhoe

Quack Shot FYI that little trick doesn't work on my computer with Windows 7 OS. No criticism just letting you know that on this computer I have tried it with a couple of programs and it works with programs but not with IE.

Bob Lawless

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ivanhoe, I'm using that utility on my computer now........which has Windows7 on it.

So yes, it does work!

Hauxfan!

10. ivanhoe

Hauxfan OK no problem it is just a question I have learned to ask. I have a couple of Cameras. I installed the software after checking the compatibility page that Windows supplies and when trying to use the program. It would lock my computer up every time.

It also would cause problems when trying to do anything with photos like just trying to copy a picture from mail or the internet. No go IE is not responding, so I uninstalled the program the computer then ran fine.

When I called the Camera manufacturer they said they had a down load that would fix it. So of course I asked why does the compatibility site say that it is good to go. I was told that that is Windows say so not ours. In other words windows(Microsoft)is full of DO Do.

So now I ask who ever is recommending the program or contact the manufacturer before buy or download. That is the reason I asked you if you knew it would work alright personally.

Bob Lawless

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

ivanhoe

Where did the original poster say anything about IE? IE can also respond to the process I posted, but it depends on which IE you open. When in doubt, ask Micro$oft. They have a wealth of information in their forums and so many unsuspecting people that you can newly agitate.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.