1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Value Of Win. SX-1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammyh312, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyh312

sammyh312 TS Member

My wif'es ex came by to show me a shotgun he had been telling me about. Not much into guns he couldn't tell me much about it or even what kind it was, so one day he finally remembered to bring it over. His father had done quite a bit of dozer work for a local gun club years ago, and when he refused money the president gave him this brand new Winchester Super X-1 in the original box with all the papers. In thirty some-odd years it's only had two or three boxes of shells put through it, and I couldn't believe how nice it is...virtually brand new! Field grade I believe with 28" bbl and full choke. I offered all kinds of trades out of my fifty or so guns, but NO DICE! With the box and all, any idea as to what it's worth? Thanks

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

$400-$450. It's not NIB anymore and it's gonna need to be updayed before being used. You have to take both things into account.

Ken Rucker

3. Desert Breeze

Desert Breeze TS Member

I have four, none for less than $750.00.

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

I agree with Ruck...$450 or so, unless the wood is something special(not common for Field grades) and the bluing is 99% (unusal)...

Put some pictures up if possible...can get better idea

regards

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I will buy all anybody has at 400.00 dollars. 600.00 is more in line. Jeff

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd toss in... $450 if buying, $600 if selling....

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've bought and sold several in the past 3 years. As BigM says, on a field gun about $450 for a clean, NON-UPGRADED , type 3 is tops. Then I install a Wright's upgrade kit and re-sell it. It's very hard to pay more than $450 , do the work, furnish the parts and then make much of a profit. The poster wanted to know what the value is NOW, TO HIM. That is what I based my answer on. A trap or skeet model is obviously worth more, but that wasn't the question.

Ken Rucker

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

$550 to $600

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Ruck, What all is in the Wright's update kit? Thanks Omaha

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Buffer, stainless steel mag tube, mag tube end plug, action spring, hammer spring, steel action spring follower

Ken

11. chuckles

chuckles Member

Best sellers SXM1....

Trap, Monte Carlo, highly figured stock,as original with stage 3 trigger, Chrome or SS Mag tube....$650 and higher

Trap, straight stock, otherwise same...$650 and higher

Skeet, highly figured stock, as original with stage 3 trigger, Chrome or SS Mag tube...$650 and higher

Field version, nice wood, upgrades...$500 and higher

Each gun will always stand on its own merits and this usually dictates price.

I have a couple for sale now on my website http://www.superxmodel1.com along
    with pictures and prices of older "sold" models some of which I leave up for viewing and examples and comparisons.

Also for sale, a somewhat rare SXM1 MF NIB, never assembled, never fired, 100% NRA, Collector Grade.

Of the 90000 manufactured at least 50000 were Field grade for the hunters out there, the rest split between Trap, Skeet and specials.

Regards....Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.