1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH TRIGGER SHOE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Who can help me with removing the trigger shoe on my Kolar Max T/A. Just wondering if it is a fairly easy job or a night mare. It does not appear to just slip out the end like some do.
    Thanks in advance.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Drop the trigger group out. Remove the 2 roll pins that hold the trigger guard in. Be careful, there is a small coil spring that is right behind the trigger that will become visible once you pull the trigger guard off, take this out and set it to the side so it doesn't get lost. Release both hammers. Pull the trigger, when you do, you'll see the "inertia block" (for lack of a better term) at the rear of the trigger group move up. What you want to do is remove the screw in the trigger blade itself (.050" allen key), then pull the trigger so that the inertia block goes up, hold the block in place with your other hand (doing this tips the front of the trigger blade bracket down so the blade will clear the housing), then you'll be able to slide the trigger blade out toward the front of the group. The trigger blade itself is sometimes a little bound up (the dovetail gets wedged into the bracket when you tighten the set screw), if it doesn't slide freely once you have the screw completely out, a couple light taps with a soft mallet should free it right up.

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Thanks skeet man, I think you know why I asked the question. Just getting ready for the gold one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.