1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH STUCK CHOKE TUBE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by topdog, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topdog

topdog Member

0   0   0

Ok guys helpless Pete here again seeking your HELP.After owning a few guns with fixed chokes i had my MX-5 barrels thin walled by briley, i forgot (stupid me ) about my tubes and after about 1,000 rnds have not removed my tube from single barrel, i also have a addarib on the barrel, I have tried wd40, penetratng oil, putting it on a vice etc and no luck. should i send it to Briley and let them deal with this or do any of you have any ideas besides taking up bowling.. Thanx in advance and HAPPY & SAFE holidays...pete

2. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

Try putting in in deepfreeze overnight. Then rap
    on tube wrench might loosen it.

Doyal

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

0   0   0

I use a heat gun, similar to a hair dryer and warm the barrel up, but be careful not to get it too hot. The tube will usually come right out. good luck, Tim

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

With any stuck threaded item, sometimes when it won't back out, strangely enough it will move forward a hair. Try to move it tighter, if it will that will break it loose.

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

Get you a can fill it with kerosine and stick the end of the barrel down in it. Leave it for a few days then give it a try. Tom

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

0   0   0

Kroil and some patience has moved every stuck threaded fastener I've ever had to deal with. Be patient and give the Kroil time to do it's thing.

7. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

+1 for Kroil.

Pat

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Kroil, and a really, really good choke wrench.....

9. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

Kroil doesn't work every time. I soaked the end of my Beretta barrel for over a month and could not get it to move. Did the cold and heat thing. Ended up sending the barrel to Briley. They got it out.

10. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

0   0   0

My friend had one stuck for 2 years, one day we went out with a box of trap loads and fired them off as fast as we could load and shoot, then turned the tube out of the hot barrel.

11. gtrjames

gtrjames TS Member

0   0   0

K roil...spray from both ends of the barrel... a lot...let it soak in for a day.
    my friend had one that had been stuck for ten years and was supposedly impossible to get out.
    I had to leave it in a deep freeze overnight, then stuck it in boiling water...then more Kroil and try to tighten it a hair then it ever so slowly it worked loose...I even had to rig up an extension for the wrench handle to get enough pressure...By the time the tube came out the barrel was hot to touch from the friction...this was, however, on a banged up 870...not a Perazzi.
    I think given time and Kroil it will come out though...good luck

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

Hot barrel, dry ice on the choke. It works everytime.

13. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Some gunsmiths have a special tool made for extracting stuck choke tubes. Midwest or Brownells lists it on their website (very expensive). I wouldn't buy one for myself but I'm sure several gunsmiths will have it. Of course Briley should be able to help.

If all else fails I advise you to use a 16lb. ball for knocking down as many pins as possible. :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta stuck choke tube

got choke tube stuck bad help

mx 2003 stuck choke