1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with RX glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike G, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

I have not seriously shot for many years and would like to get back as my youngest is graduating in another week and hopefully I will be able to devote more time to shooting. I have an old pair of Decot's with 4 pairs of prescription lenses but this is an old prescription. I like the concept of the Ranger glasses with the Rx insert. My question really is since I will not be able to attend any major shoots soon nor do I live close to any that I could seek out a vendor at one I will probably have to resort to mail service. What information do I need to get and what do I need to tell my local eye doctor to have the most satisfactory results going this route? Thanks to all.

Mike

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

claydstr,

If you are going with Ranger's, I suggest you get in touch with one of the following....

www.texasshootersoptical.com

morganoptical.net

Both of these companies sell Rangers, and both are top-notch. They will guide you thru the process. You need to make sure that your eye doc puts the Pupilary Distance on your prescription, this is a must to get the optical centers correct.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine ordered the Ranger XLW with 3 sets of lenses and the insert over the internet. Then he took the insert to his local optician who put the prescription lenses in the insert. He couldn't be happier with the results. FWIW. jm

4. Mike G

Mike G Member

5. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Hello, My name is Dave Shaeffer and i am a dealer for Post 4 Optics, U might want to think long and hard about getting inserts. When you look throught 2 pieces of glass it does 2 things. First it cuts down on your peripheral vision, and second there is a good chance that it throws off your perscription a small bit. If you are inerested in top of the line shooting glasses check out our website and give me a call and i can help you out with any of your needs.

Thanks
    Dave Shaeffer

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have owned post 4 optics and now have the Ranger XLW with an insert and they are as good as it gets. The reason why I did not like the post 4 glasses is the lenses seem to always fall out at the wrong time. I also do not like them because they do not have a nose piece that adjusts up and down.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The only way to get the optical center of the lens placed correctly is to have someone mark the lens while you have the gun mounted. Pupillary distance is only useful after you find the correct placement of the optical center of the lens for your dominant eye. Anything else is guess work. HMB

8. Mike G

Mike G Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.