1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH REMINGTON 3200

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by REALMcCOY2, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALMcCOY2

REALMcCOY2 TS Member

Please help, A buddy of mine just purchased a remington 3200 with double release triggers. He is having problems with the double release in the gun, being a used gun he does not know who did the trigger work. Could anyone recommend a good gunsmith that could repair or replace the double release. I sure that while the gun is being repaired he would like to have the gun completely checked out springs, firing pins so on. Thanks Jerry McCoy 2

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

They may be by Gary Roman 502 491 5335. That would probably be a good place to start, he could tell you if they are his.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Pat Laib's is well equipped on the 3200s. I'm just not sure how much he does on triggers. He IS the "Go To" for the 3200. He would be a good choice to go over it and make sure it's right.

4. REALMcCOY2

REALMcCOY2 TS Member

Quack Shot Could you help me with Pat Laib's phone number? Thanks Jerry McCOY 2

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jerry, here you go. Laib's gunsmithing L.L.C. 201 North Hwy. 23, spicer, MN 56288 (320)-2686 Email:pllaib@clearwire.net
    Jerry Quack shot is right about the parts. Laib's bought out all the Rem. 3200 parts from Remington. I am looking at there add in Trap & Field and there is no mention at all about doing any release trigger work. Best of Luck and Don't forget to Break-em all. Jeff

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jerry: As stated Pat Laib is the "Guru" when it comes to the 3200. That being said, I'm not to sure Pat does a lot of trigger work. My advice is to contact Phil Crenwelge. #210-313-5988. He will do it for you and do an excellent job. Ed

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Here's the details and mash the link above for the website!

Laib's Gunsmithing LLC.

N. Highway 23

Spicer , Mn. 56288

Phone: 320.796.2686

Fax: 320.796.4570

E-Mail: pat@laibsgunsmithing.net

http://www.laibsgunsmithing.net/index.html

http://www.laibsgunsmithing.net/contact.html

8. DocJim

DocJim Member

As of about 4 months ago per conversation with Laib's, they do NOT do release trigger work.
    Jim G

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Pat does not build release triggers but he does do a lot of trigger work and is excellent at trigger tuneups. He has taken the slop out of many P triggers for me and tuned Seitz and Bowen triggers as I have watched him work on the latter for customers.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Set a trigger, if it is silent it's probably a Roman. If it emits a click then it could be Timney's. Pray it hasn't been worked on by Kemmerly. I would send it to Phil C, I believe he will work on Romans as well as Timneys plus he can do some other 3200 work. Timney almost... always marked his triggers with his name. If they are indeed Timneys and you want to make them pull or any combination of pull and release, just remove the release hook or hooks. Be careful when pushing the hook pin over, don't push it any farther than necessary to remove the hook. Great gun, shoot it well.

11. REALMcCOY2

REALMcCOY2 TS Member

I want to thank everybody that responded to my question, with all of this great input I'm sure my buddy will be under way to get his Rem.3200 repaired. Thanks again JERRY McCOY 2

12. lildipr

lildipr TS Member

The people at the Gun Works have a lot of experence with the 3200.Rob from White Dog still works part time. We have done release triggers on the 3200 and can repair them also. We have most parts for the 3200 and factory training.
    Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 problems