1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Rem 870 20 Gauge Mag

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Do you know if the 870 Wingmaster Models that are the 20 gauge LT Mag marked receivers take the full size stock and forearm off of a 12 gauge, or are they the scaled down versions from the field guns? I've looked around and can't find the documentation on these guns.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a 870 Express 20 gauge that shoots 3 inch shells. It is built on the subgauge receiver, (20,28, and 410) I'm almost sure a 12 gauge stock set won't fit your Wingmaster 20 gauge LT, magnum or not. Mark

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its the Std. Weight models that are built off the 12 gauge frame. I think the last manufacture date is 1973 or 78.

I don't know if the wood is the same or not, never had to try it.

Call tech support at Brownells and see what they say.

4. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Remington 870 LW20 20 gauge shotguns have serial numbers ending in "K" or "U "are made on the small frame receiver and do not use 12 gauge stocks. 12 gauge stocks are 1/10 inch wider. 12 gauge stocks will fit the older "standard" weight 870 20's that have serial numbers ending in "X" or "N".

Michael Goines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.