1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with Rem 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap junkie, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

I ahve 2 Rem 1100,s both shoot fine but one will not lock open after firing. When I switch trigger groups, the gun will lock open after firing and the other one will not. it feeds the second shot ok with either trigger group.
    I swapped all parts and trigger group is the only part that makes the defective gun operate correctly. holding both parts side by side shows no visible difference. springs o.k. Note, action will lock open when using the bolt lever, just not when firing. tried several brands of full strength shells.
    HELP! Jim

2. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Carrier latch spring weak or spring and follower (plunger) frozen.

Carrier latch twisted, bent or broken.

Carrier latch engagement stud altered or damaged.

Carrier dog/slide wear/fit problem.

Gas system does not cycle action bar/breech bolt assembly fully to the rear.

3. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

That problem you are having is normal on 1100 went the trigger assemable hasn't been clean regular drit gets in the system and cause the bolt lock not to ingauge try a good cleaning and that should take care of your problem unless something broke but that's rare.

4. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

Thanks for all your ideas. I have tried everything suggested. I have the same books as you folks. Everything is free, no dirt, no rust. Carrier dog is in good shape (magnifying glass exam)The action is free and cycles all the way.
    All I have to do is swap trigger groups and it works fine. One more close exam and if I cannot find anything, to the gunsmith!

Thanks again, Jim

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Buy a new trigger group and the problem will be solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.