1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 12ShotTwo, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I thinking of converting my Citori to a release trigger which I use for both trap and skeet. I'm wondering if after a conversion what kind of flexability I have in changing back to a pull-pull or going from a release-release to a release-pull. I would like to get some names of people that do this kind of conversion. Thanks for the help.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Phillips Gunsmithing(Phil Crenwelge) is your man.^^^^

As far as going back and forth as you inquired, i don't think it will be possible to simply change back and forth on your own with that Citori. It would require the gunsmith that installed it to convert it back. Usually around $50 to change back.

3. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

With the Allems Roller Release you can do the changes yourself as well as changing the timing. Click on the link and read and see how easy it is. the triggers are smooth and fast.

Vern

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You won't want to change back - ever.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You can change back to Pull by removing the release trigger hook but the Pull weight might have to be adjusted by tuning the sear which is a job for a gunsmith.

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

In my opinion getting a release where you want it, then leave it alone. Changing back and forth will someday cause a premature discharge.

7. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Is a O/U less safe if it is configured as a release-pull? Seems if I have both barrels loaded and I think I'm using the release barrel but the gun is set to the pull barrel I could get supprised. I think I have to have both barrels set as release triggers. Is this correct?

8. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

12shotwo.

You can have whatever configuration you wish, In my case I shot a Release-Pull for approx 8 years and all of a sudden at last years Grand got the dreaded yips on the second barrel in doubles, could not Pull the trigger.

After a quick consultation with Phil Crenweldge got second Release (Double Release) and have not looked back.

If you are just converting go with a double as it will save you money and time in the future, do not be frightened of the trigger, it is marvelous what the human brain can figure out all by itself in a very short amount of time.

Release Trigger.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.