1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Re-claimed shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slick50, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick50

slick50 Member

I bought some reclaimed shot from NYS grounds in Cicero. Its very clean but it has a rough texture. Can this shot be polished to be smooth and if so how is it done??? Thanks for any info.

2. shooterguy

shooterguy TS Member

I read some where that if you roll the shot down a gently inclines flat surface ( cookie sheet, pane of glass, etc.) the deformed shot will not roll and can be culled out of the round shot. I just bought 50 pounds today and I am going to try this with a small amount for a test.

Fred

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

If you have case tumbler it will work to smooth it up. dont need to add anything but dont over load it, about 15# at a time. the dented ones dont matter That flier may get the one that "got away"

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Can this shot be polished to be smooth?"

Waste of time.

Just load it up and shoot it for singles.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If the shot is really bad.. Add steel BB size shot to the mixture and tumble overnight with graphite and a squirt or two of tri-flo.. Clean with a good magnet.. In the morning it WILL be round..and shiney..

6. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

To agree with the previous poster..."Load it up .....and shoot it for singles". End of story.

FN in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.