1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Help with purchase of new phone,please.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by need to shoot more, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hi Guys,
    I need some help here, it seems the older I get the harder some decsions seem to be. I am a Consumer Celluar customer, not a bad company to deal with , I want to upgrade my current phone.
    I presently have a cheap Nokia phone thru them currently.I am looking at either a touchscreen Samsung A697 with 240x400 screen resolution or Nokia ( Blackberry ) style #C3 with 320x240 resolution.
    My out of pocket is $75/80 on either.I am not a big fan of touchscreens they seem a little akward to operate, but is the Blackberry style outdated?? Is there a big diffrence between the two in resolution??
    I am going to video tape my teaching lessons soon for the up comming school year will either of these phones get the job done??

Thank You and I appreciate your input,
    Jim Z
  2. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Ive had them all ! I would not another "CrackBerry" the only phone I like is the IPhone but that being said I also own other Apple devices !
  3. Baber

Baber TS Member

RIM who makes the Blackberry is about broke. I suspect they will be out of business shortly. The iPhone is really the only way to go.

Tom
  4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Infuse. Great phone with the biggest screen made today. I love everything about it except the volume.. I am slightly hard hearing and it just does not have enough volume without a headset.
  5. postmastertim

postmastertim Member

Get a new IPhone 3GS on eBay for $200 and the sign up with StraightTalk at Walmart for $45 a month unlimited Voice/Text/Data.
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm an IPhone owner and fan but it is far from the only game in town. My brother has a Droid powered phone that will do everything the IPhone will and maybe more. Keep in mind, with most of these high end phones you will also need to purchase an additional Data plan to even be able to use the thing. There are many phones that have video capability but none of them(including my IPhone) would be my preferred method of video taping anything of any length or importance. It is still a phone and they make reasonably priced video cameras which would do a much better job. I will say my IPhone takes pretty darn good pics and video though. The phones which require a data plan will also offer many more options for dealing with the video over non Data plan phones should you choose to go that route.
  7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb Member

Jim

After researching Consumer cellular it seems you can only choose between 5 phones unless you have you're own phone. The iPhone is not one of the choices. The Samsung seems to be the best choise for touchscreen but as you say it might be a little awkward for you.You also want a phone that can connect to a computer to view pictures and video keep that in mind. The doro phone that they offer will be the easiest to work but has less options ( no video).. Also, as Tom says stay away from any Rim products as they will probably be out of bussines in a couple years..

Doug
  8. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Thank you for your time and thoughts, Doug I am PMing u.
  9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

I have both a HTC with android system, and the latest Ipohone 4S 64gig and the Iphone in my opinion is better.
  10. chopperman

chopperman TS Member

I Phone is the best hands down.
  11. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Before deciding on an Iphone, check out the new Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Rollin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.