1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with POI question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 28410, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 28410

28410 TS Member

I just bought an unsingle and need help determining the best POI for me. I had been shooting an XT which I still plan to shoot in doubles. Should I set the POI for the unsingle to match the XT? I am afraid if I get the POI for the unsingle higher and float the target more in singles and handicap that it will affect my sight picture on doubles and I will shoot under them. Any help with this question would be appraciated!

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have found that, if you set your POI for YOUR handicap you will be able to shoot,singles and doubles just fine with the same settings.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You're more likely to shoot over a doubles target than under it. Unless you develop a fairly fast doubles routine, the second target of the pair is going to be
    level or dropping by the time you shoot it.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

ALF-99- I, like you, do not understand what the term "float the target" really means. And, like you, my gun shoots rather high. I look at the target and the gun just goes off by itself when it is ready.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.