1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pat260, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat260

pat260 TS Member

I have a MX3 special over and under, and have a chance to buy a unsingle off of an comp1. The problem is that the unsingle barrel is to lose (top lever is past center and barrel has play in it). I'm told that a new (oversized) lug fitted to both barrels will fix the problem. Is it worth the trouble and expence?

Thanks
    Pat

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Your MX3 Specaial is likely a Type IV and the Comp1 is probably a Type III. If that is the case you should get the forearm iron and forearm with the unsingle or you wil have to have a type IV forend lug welded to the unsingle. JRM

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You would be better off having the lugs on the single barrel welded up to fit your existing locking block instead of fooling with the block where it already fits your O/U. Gun Dr Doug Braker can do this and at the proper angle. I would like to find a single barrel for my MX-3 with the round monobloc but there's no way I'm messing with my present locking block, it fits the O/U barrel set just fine. The forend on a Comp I is another story.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have fitted Perazzi barrels and, man, is it ever a slow step process.

In some cases you just cannot do it... monobloc is undersized. You can't easily make it bigger - kinds like cutting off the dog's tail... still can't get it long enough!

To have one fit professionally, I would ONLY suggest that Giacomo do it. It won't be cheap because it takes hours and hours in some cases. I don't know Doug, so I cannot comment on his abilities; others have here.

The above thread about requiring a 3-day return privilege is a must.

I was lucky last summer in finding an O/U barrel come in and it was an absolute perfect fit, but these occasions are rare.

Whiz White

5. pat260

pat260 TS Member

Thanks to all. I did buy this barrel with the understanding that if it would not work I can return it which is what I'm going to do. Looks like if I want a combo I would be better off buying it that way.

Thanks
    Pat Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.