1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with parkerizing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Remstar311, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm in the process of getting set up to do little parkerizing jobs for my family, friends etc. I have been dabbling in duracoat and would like to park non parkerized guns. I am buying a stainless tank soon, have chemistry coming and a propane burner. The only thing I can't find relatively easy enough is what do you do about the insides of the barrel and reciever? Plug them off if they will park and how?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

2. Joey  S.

Joey S. TS Member

try www.shootersolutions.com/barrelplugs. I just recently came across their web site. Joe S.

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Joe-

Thanks for the tip on bbl plugs. Now, any insight on the reciever of a shot gun i.e. 1100, 870 etc. Can you dip the entire reciever or not?

Somebody knows.

Thanks

Nick

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Nick,

As long as the metal is steel, you can parkerize it. Check it with a magnet.

Parkerizing does require that the surface of the metal be bead-blasted for a uniform color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.