1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with older Perazzi TMS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jonthefireman, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonthefireman

jonthefireman TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for honest help and advice regarding an older Perazzi TMS. I have had this gun since my father passed back in 1983, for the biggest part it has been sitting in a closet for over 25 years. I would like to sell it to someone who will use it and appreciate it. My father was an advid skeet and trapshooter and from what I remember he was pretty good at it.

Although I am not interested in the sport, I do have some knowledge regarding Perazzi guns and their reputation. I just don't know how to value them. As you can see from the photo, the gun was shot enough to wear down the finish on the stock. Otherwise, I feel the gun is still in great shape considering it's age.

I am attaching a photo or two, and can provide many more if someone's interested. I appreciate any help and advice offered. Jon H
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You have a very nice gun in your possession. Looks to be in good condition and it should fetch in $1800 to $2200 range with the case and accessories. Look on gun broker under perazzi for similar guns to get a feel for the value. If there is a local trap club around, do your dad a service and go shoot it for him. You might just find that the interest in trap runs in the family.

Gary Rickard

3. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

0   0   0

Jon is right on the money, but there are alot of Trap guns coming up for sale over the last 2-3 weeks (end of season). It may keep the price down a bit.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Right now is not the best time to get top dollar. Lot's of guns for sale now. If you don't need the money right now I'd wait 'til spring to offer it.

The trend in new single barrel trap guns, for about the last 10 years, has been guns with adjustable ribs. Your dad's gun should be worth that $2,200. but technology has kept it from increasing in value. For sale I would value it at that $1,800. number give or take $100.

It would be more desirable if it was a 34" barrel, as well. Much luck.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

Seems as you have a TM1 with the striped receiver.

My 34 inch TMS is stamped TMS where your photo shows yours to be stamped TM1. Mine also has TMS stamped on the side of the receiver.Mine is a Winchester import. Mine also has the leaf trigger spring.

I would not put the value as high as mentioned above.

Maybe you can do a search of past threads with the same for sale.

Ray

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.