1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with my club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nugget, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nugget

Nugget TS Member

I am looking for ways to help my trap club gain interest in new shooters and ways to make our league more competitive.
    They use a handicap system of moving you up or down the yardage line depening on your place in the league, but I find that after about 3 weeks the placings are set for the year. Looking for other ways to make it more competitve and to give all teams a chance to win.
    Thanks

2. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

We keep track of weekly winners each week you win you get two yards never to go back forward. ie first win next week you shoot 18 yrds then figure the average pluss two for handi cap.One team could if real hot shoot all 50 from the 27. Last couple years have had 12 teams and some will win three or four then settle down,at one time the club gave weekly trophies but that has since died just braggen rights and yards for weekly wins now with cash payouts at the end, Lewis Class 3 classes luck of the draw for the 4th cash prize, or last place team.

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

On one of our leagues, we shoot a jack rabbit...first round at 16 then 2nd round at yardage.

team in first shoots 27

team in second shoots 26

and so on down.

when anybody gets more than 25 birds ahead they have to shoot both rounds at the cap. yardage, and the ones behind shoot both at the 16.

It keeps things close and makes for some interesting competition.

tony

4. butcher

butcher Member

We did the two yard shit and all it did was put shooters back where they couldn't handle the yardage and the teams that were long yardage shooters had a hay day. What is so terribly bad at letting the team average dictate where you shoot from? That's what we did last year and I thought it worked out good.Now usually the good teams are still going to win. But guess what? The mediocre teams may not win but at least they get a chance to shoot a good score and feel good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.