1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with my BT-100 Stainless

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by arjay, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjay

arjay TS Member

I have a BT-100 in stainless steel with 34" ported barrel. It's a beautiful gun. The stock does not have a adjustable comb or recoil reduction device. It has a fixed full choke and is in great shape. I'd like to set this gun up for handicap distances of 24 yards and more and think the fixed full choke would be fine for that.

I'm asking this forum for opinions on how to improve the stock to add a recoil reduction system and adjustable comb, together if possible. I have seen the PFS systems but they are not made for a BT-100. Also I believe an adjustable rib would also allow the gun to shoot however I want it to with my head high.

I prefer to shoot with my head high because I'm long necked and am much more comfortable that way. I don't like my neck hurting after 100 rounds. I am now competing with a Browning XT combo unsingle and like the ability to make the gun shoot how I want. I would appreciate any advice on how to get this BT-100 set up to do the same.

Thanks in advance,
    Robert

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Get the comb cut, put in a recoil unit with LOP adjust and an adjustable buttplate.

3. Adam54

Adam54 Member

Moneymaker does a nice adjustable rib just got mine back from them.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Before you cut the stock off and add a recoil device, get the comb cut and add-a- rib, or Keen Sight of the appropriate height to match the comb, after it is adjusted comfortable with your shooting style. You could add a adjustable pad with the plates, and you will gain a 1/4" of pull, plus you can add a thicker pad.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I had a slick slide installed on my BT99 stock that gave me an adjustable comb (4 way), an adjustable butt pad and an excellent recoil absorbing assembly all rolled into one package. By lowering my butt pad, I am able to shoot with a more erect head position without the necessity of an add on rib. FWIW. JM

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The G-Square Shockmaster system is another viable solution.

Robert

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

A Browning BT-99 PLUS has an adjustable rib, adjustable comb, recoil absorbing adjustable butt pad from the factory, invector plus choke tubes. Something you may consider trading your BT-100 for. JM

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

We are assuming you have a Monte Carlo currently right???

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm with JM!!! Trade it in on a BT-99 plus. You'll just spend all kinds of money on your BT-l00 and loss all of it, when you try to sell it. You don't loss if you go with the PFS, but you already know you can't go that route. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

10. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

It's a shotgun ... not an heirloom. I had an adjustable comb cut into mine and use a gracoil adjustable butt plate with kick-eez pad. Works great! I'm lean and 6' 2". I like the removable trigger of the BT-100. The only things that I have ever done are: titanium firing pin, 1 new firing pin spring, several top lever return conical springs. Great gun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-100 adjustable rib