1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH MX 2000 RS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by powder-em, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder-em

powder-em Member

Could someone out there that has a MX 2000 RS please measure there O/U barrels for me. I need to see if it matches the barrel I have. Mine is a four notch. I have a fellow that wants to buy it for his RS model. I would need to know if this barrel has the same rib height as yours. I would guess a measurement from the bottom of the bottom barrel straight under the pivot point of the adjustable rib to the top of the rib might be the place to measure. I am asuming that the unsingle and O/U should be the same height when on the receiver???? Does anyone know any other way to tell. Giacomo says it is a RS so I really have to think it is. Enlighten me with knowledge please. Thanks Dave

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Dave....If Giacomo says it is, it is........Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. powder-em

powder-em Member

4. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

I'm the purchasing party in this equation. I just dug out my paperwork. The Perazzi paperwork lists the gun as an MX2000RS. The serial # is ~122K, and the unsingle rib is a 5 notch rib. The O/U barrel is a 4 notch rib... and an RS according to Giacomo... I was just curious, and asked if one was buying a combo.... would the unsingle and the O/U barrel have the same number of notches? I have recieved mixed answers to this question.

Either way, I am sure the barrel will fit the receiver, and will work fine for my needs... I am actually more curious than concerned...

LWL

5. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

I did have a 2000 RS combo, mine had 5 notches on the single and 4 on the OU

6. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

MX-8B...

I have the manual, instruction book, and paperwork that was with the new gun... Paperwork all says... MX2000RS....

MXShooter... Yours was a combo new in box? So, you didn't add a barrel later to it, right??

LWL

7. dgoron

dgoron Member

I have a MX2000RS combo serial number 136XXX and both barrels have (4) Notches.--Dave

8. dward

dward Member

If you go to the perazzi web site and click between the 2000 combo (4 notches)and the 2000 single (5 notches), the height of the rib on the combo ( 4 notch) single barrel is taller than the height of the rib on the 2000 non combo (5 notch) single barrel. So the rib will probably be a bit taller on the 4 notch double than the 5 notch single.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.