1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Model 12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pedagogue, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

I have a Model 12 field gun in 16 ga with a 26 and 7/8 mod barrel made in 1952. Was this a standard legenth barrel? It does not seem to be cut. Any and all information you can give me is appreciated. Thanks.
    jack

2. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

That would be considered a 28 inch barrel the way Winchester measured their model 12 barrels. They take into consideration the barrel extension threads. If you just measure the actual barrel tube itself to the start of the gun, then they will measure about 1 and 1/4 inches less than doing the same measurement to most any other magazine type shotgun.

For example, I have three 30 inch duck bill trap model 12's and the barrels tubes themselves all measure about 28 and 3/4 ---they measure about 30 inches to the bolt face.

3. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Greg535

Thanks for the help.

If anyone has any other information ( selling price etc.) I would appreciate it.

jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.