1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

+++Help with light firing pin strike

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Gmangh15, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

I have a stoeger 2500 that the Ol lady shoots and the firing pin is hitting the primer light and not igniting... Can I tighten the spring or just replace it and do I just drop the trigger assembly out or take stock off or what?

Thanks for any help

Garrett

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Not familiar with that model.Side by side? Over under? Auto? How old is it? I would start with a GOOD cleaning first. I`m talking takeing it apart. Don`t go further than what your comfortable with. I use spray brake cleaner. NOT on wood or plastic!!! Make sure its dry then spray it good with WD-40. Wipe away the excess and reasemble it and try it. Its also a good time to replace that spring and there not expensive. Let us know. Tom

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

New pin, new spring, welcome to the club.

HM

4. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

It's a cheap semi auto had it for roughly 7 years and I take care of it and clean it regularly.... I was just comparing the hulls from it abd my beretta and there's a significant difference in primer strikes... I was thinkin tighten spring or new spring.