1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with installing Beretta 391 recoil reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tburrey, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tburrey

tburrey Member

I just purchased a Beretta 391 recoil reducer that goes in my stock and I'm ready to install it but there were no instructions on which end goes towards the receiver and which end goes toward the recoil pad. One end is black and small in diameter and the other end is larger and the diameter of the tube itself. I would appreciate any help you could give me with this. I do not want to put it in backwards.. Thanks. Tom

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

If it is the one that goes in the newer Urika II models, the thick end goes toward the receiver in the stock channel designed for it and the smaller end fits in the cut out in the drop spacer. When you replace the drop spacer, the unit is held in place by tightening the nut that secures the stock/drop spacer.

Hopefully, you have the unit that I'm describing....

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I have one in my gun. The best explanation the install comes straight from the Beretta USA SITE. (Look under the Customer Service section on the FAQ pages).
    ============================================================================
    "The Beretta recoil reducer is installed into a cavity that is pre-drilled inside certain 12 and 20 gauge 391 stocks. All Optima bore 12 gauge 391 shotguns with wood stocks will accept the recoil reducer. 391 20 gauge shotguns with wood stocks built after 2005 will have this capability.

To install the Beretta recoil reducer, please apply the following instructions:

Caution: Refer to the owners manual and make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any procedure.

1. Remove the 2 butt pad screws by using a #2 Phillips head screwdriver (use silicon spray or paste on the screwdriver shaft to prevent rubber displacement). The Gel Tek pad is removed by pulling the metal wire out from the bottom of the pad about 1 1/2" and pulling the pad straight off the back of the stock.

2. Using a 13 mm socket with the proper length extension, remove the stock retaining nut. Note how the oval plate below the nut is installed, it is marked with numbers and letters. Be sure you record this setting for proper reinstallation. Remove the oval plate.

3. Drop the recoil reducer into the hole that is now exposed. The small end of the device will face the rear of the shotgun.

4. Install the oval plate in the previously recorded position and install the lock washer and nut. Tighten the nut to 13 ft lbs.

5. Reinstall the butt pad.

If needed, you may also consult the "Stock Drop and Cast Modification" section of your manual for additional information on removing the stock."

4. tburrey

tburrey Member

Thanks to all for your help. I got her in and she's working fine. Shoot well. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta urika 2 recoil pad

391 butt pads

al391 inertial recoil reducer installation

beretta 391 recoil reducer

beretta teckny 391 recoil reducer
how to install al391 recoil reducer
how to install beretta al391recoil reducer
recoil reducer for beretta 391