1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP WITH IDENDIFYING OLDER REM HULLS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birddog1964, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I Need help finding info on these hulls, I don't think they are old gun club hulls, anyway I'm wanting to load them and I just want to be sure to have the right data to go from and this is the place to get it.
    All that's on them is Remington Peters on the brass and Remington light 8 on the hull, hope the pic is clear.

thanks in advance!!
    lee

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Remington Premier maybe ?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Lee----I'm not exactly sure of what they are called but i too have some and blue ones to match. I loaded them just using the same STS data and little lighter on the powder with absoluetly no problems.----Matt

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

I believe they are the Remington version of Blue Magics. Good hulls. Use figure 8 wads. Or as some around here say, "Those are dangerous, send them to me for disposal":<}}}

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Guys the pic may look blue but they are dark green like the new STS just don't have the silver in the green like the STS does.

thanks
    lee

6. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

They look just like Remington Premier which were the top Remington shell before the STS came out. They load just like STS.

7. howie

howie Member

There are Remington Premier hulls. A great hull. As was pointed out, they load exactly like the current Remington STS hulls

8. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Thanks for the info, I should be set on hulls for a while. So I can assume that I just use the chart for a STS hulls and go from there.

Tron, did you have your pussy cat inspect the pic for you and respond. I feel honored to have your presents.lol

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm wondering if that is what was refered to as a Remington RTL hull case. I believe these were before the Premiers. The STS's and Nitro's followed that. I still have once fired Premiers and some Premiers in my mix. I think that style of case was their best. They seem to last half way to forever.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Those hulls crimp better than any hull out there. I use STS data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.