1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with front bead project

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gun fitter, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Which barrel shoots high or both? Joe

2. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Dave....if you make the front bead higher the gun will shoot lower, You have it bass ackwards. Fred

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Before I bought My XT. I was trying to convert my 870 field into a "trap" gun on the cheap. I found what I can best describe as white metal, strips at local hobbie store that where just right on the thickness of my rib and of different thickness. I was able to make a custom rib on the cheap. Painted it primer black and used double sided tape to attach. I no longer have that gun or rib. It worked for me trying to raise POI. Maybe a tapered rib a bit higher in the rear tapering down to a few inches of the front bead????

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I considered this at one point, but later relized it was not cost effective for my 870 field gun.

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

If you are talking POI at singles distance, which is about 30 or 32 yds out,,an absolute guess would be about 30 thousandths of an inch. If you're talking a total distance of 16 yards, you will need more bead height. Get some tiny tiny washers. True Value's usually have them.

Your favorite gunsmith may have to get an extended bead, or two, from Brownells if you run out of thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.