1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Fountain Pen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jamesf, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesf

jamesf TS Member

jimforsbach_2008_030316.jpg

Does anyone know how to get one of these nibs into a fountain pen? One of the 2 tips on my pen cracked and I need a new nib but have no idea how to get the broken one off the pen and install a new one.

Jim

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If I remember way back into the old days ... you simply pull it straight out and push the new one into it's place.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The nibs look expensive. Go to a fountain repair shop, Look up on the internet for one in your area. I am a fountain pen collector, but never changed out a nib. Fred

4. MRMOKI

MRMOKI Member

Look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPVh7NyIeXg seems straight forward.

Jim Lemmons

5. jamesf

jamesf TS Member

Jim Lemmons

Thank you very much. I searched everywhere, I even look around for a pen club to join, hoping someone could help me fix this old pen.

An old friend made pens as a hobby and gave it to me years ago and I feel obligated to keep it working. I can buy the parts but couldn't figure out how to get it apart.

The video is perfect! Thanks again.

Obviously Trapshooters.com has answers for about everything, but I'm sorry I can't return the favor; I don't know anything!!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.