1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with ejector on old Citori Please.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I had purchased an old(1973) Citori and took it to shoot a five stand today. The ejector was only working on the top barrel. Does it need to go to a gun smith or is it something I should be able to do? Thanks for your help. It is a single trigger selectable type. Jackie B.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Open the gun to cock the hammers, close the gun and remove the forend and see if the barrel thats not working sear on forend is in the cocked position. If it is then you need a new ejector trip rod for that side.

3. Shooting Jack

Thanks for your response but it is working right now. Wasn't working yesterday while shooting. It would lift the hull on the bottom barrel and eject the top barrel. Never messed with one before so wasn't sure what to look for. Jackie B.

4. Shooting Jack

Bottom barrel is back to extracting only and top barrel is ejecting. Forearm removed and both sides look the same. Any suggestions or references that I can read to understand exactly how it should work. Jackie B.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Look at the radius at the front of the receiver with the forend and barrels removed. You will see a hole on either side about 3/32" and a piece of steel sitting in the hole, these are the trip rods that are activated when the hammers fall they push the rods forward about a 1/16" and protrude from the radius face.When the gun is opened and the rod/rods that are sticking out, trip the ejector hammer sears at the proper timing. Dry fire the gun with the barrels off the gun, both rod ends should be sticking out evenly. I think your having a problem from dirt in the trip rod hole, and you might want to remove the stock and spray the rods and holes with WD-40, Rem oil, etc.

6. Shooting Jack

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Jackie B.

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Here is another possibility. You may be opening the gun so slowly that the empty hull in the lower barrel is hitting the breechface and not clearing the chamber. This could lead you to believe that the lower barrel ejector is not working.

The next time this happens, remove the empty hull from the lower barrel and then carefully look at BOTH ejectors. If they are both extended the same distance, then the problem is that you are opening the gun too slowly. Open it more vigorously and watch both shells fly.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.