1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with doubles post #1 and #5

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

help!I am new to doubles and have watched Harlan ,Kinard,and Ohye and they all are great.I seem to miss the second bird on 5 a lot.then first and second on No 1

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

romie I am far from the best doubles shooter but what works for me is to set up on post 5 for the hard right and then twist into position for my first shot at the straight away. All this is for a right handed shooter. I do just the opposite for post 1. If you look at my feet on post 5 my forward foot (left) is almost parallel to the fromt of the pad and on post 1 my forward foot is almost parallel with the left side of the pad. I set up just outside of the first birds path so I can do a short swing to it (for me shooting at where I think the bird will be ,trapping, will cost me first birds) I kill it then swing to bird #2. Doubles still allow plenty of time for both shots so don't rush but don't play with the first bird either.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.