1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with cost calc

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todd farris, Jul 22, 2013.

1. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

Can someone tell me how to use the cost calculators on this site? I can't download it in a working form and my computer talent is very limited!

Thanks
    Todd

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

todd,

No need to download the calculator. Just open it up on this site and plug in your basic numbers as to cost of the components and then hit the calculate button. The calculator gives and answer in cost per shell as well as cost per box of shells.

Chuck

3. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

It won't calculate, it just says copy this and send it to a clipboard? WTH? I assume something is blocking it in my computer but I don't know what.

Todd

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

At the top of this screen, click on Links, then click on Fun Stuff, then Click on the top Item on the List, Reloading Cost Calculators, The click on Cost Calculator version 1.2. This should open the cost calculator. Fill in the blanks with your information then click on the box where is says Calculate, and it will figure out how much a box of shells costs. Mark

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I used the Kevin Orr calculator.

Damn near put me into bankruptcy

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Also, if still having a problem, you might not have JAVA installed on your computer. Just type in JAVA in your search bar and install. Unclick any additional toolbars or homepage changes it may suggest....

7. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Just do it the old fashion way. Figure the cost per shell then multiple it by 25 for the cost per box

25lbs shot = 400 oz = cost div by 400 (1 oz loads)
    primers sold per 1000 = cost divided by 1000
    wad = cost div by 500
    powder = 1 lb = 7000 grains = cost div 7000 x # of grns u drop