1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with camera

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ed Y, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trying to photograph some gunstocks and my camera, a Canon Rebel XTi, gives me a message (error 05) saying that something is blocking the flash from popping up. Anyone ever have this problem? I turned it off and on several times and removed the lens and replaced it. Loosened the hot shoe and moved it around a little, thinking that perhaps the contacts were stuck down and it was fooling the camera into thinking that a flash attachment was in. None of these things worked. Any thoughts?

Ed Yanchok

2. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

CHECK THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SENDING THE CAMERA TO REPAIRING.

When the flash unit pops up a lever sends a signal to the camera. Try to pop up the flash, CHECK THAT THERE ARE "two" PINS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FLASH. A longer one just appears "behind" the latching hook ON THE "RIGHT" OF THE CAMERA.

IF THE LONG PIN IS BENT, DOES NOT POP UP OR EVEN MISSING TO LEAVE IT A HOLE, THEN THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

My problem was that the flash wouldn't pop up. I removed the shoe cover and found the small trigger on the right side was stuck in the down position. I nudged it up and the flash now pops up automatically.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.