1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with BT 99 Barrel Markings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Inspector 12, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Hi all, I was wondering of someone on here might be able to help me identify the choke of a BT 99 fixed barrel 32 inch gun I recently purchased. The Serial Number indicates it is a 78 (RP) Model 199. The marks that indicate the choking of the barrel are two asterisks **

I have been told that the gun is choked Modified by one source, and Improved Modified by another. I have not been able to find a chart on the Browning website to indicate what I have so I humbly submit the information request here at TS.com

2. harleyhog

harleyhog TS Member

Improved Mod if unaltered

3. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

one star full, A star& a dash is IM two starsis mod. jabrlind

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

My old Stan Baker chart for Brownings says; * is Full, *- is Improved Modif. , and ** is Modified. Thats leaving the factory anyway.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

It is a modified choke but that is just a guide you have to pattern it with different loads to see the real choke. I have a Remington modified choke 870 barrel that patterns light full and is a wonderful barrel for trap. If you reload shoot some patterns with your shells and see what it does and see how it works on clay birds especially with the plastic wads it may be a crusher.I would like to have a dollar for every 25 straight broken with a modified marked choke.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 barrel identification

browning bt 99 choke markings

stan baker bt99 barrels