1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Beretta Silver Snipe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nm3, Jun 4, 2013.

1. nm3

nm3 Member

A friend of mine just bought a 12g S55 Silver Snipe and is looking for a owners manual or copy of one. Can any one help out?

Also said the second shot trigger was a little "sticky". He didn't know if he was not releasing the trigger enough for it to reset properly or if it needed some attention. Any thoughts?

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Those are the old BL series shotguns, light-weight and was Berettas inexpensive field guns. Made in both Argentina and Italy. Made from 1957 to the early 1970's. Click on the link and scroll down to Beretta O/U manual. Not much has changed. The S55 had extractors only.

As far as the trigger goes, it would be a good idea to pull that stock off, clean and oil things up in there.

Wayne

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A friend of mine picked up a 'basket case' Silver Snipe a few years ago - literally it was a bunch of parts in a basket. Evidently the previous owner tore it down and then couldn't figure out how to put it back together.

But we managed to re-assemble everything in about an hour, it really is not a complex design. I was impressed with the quality of the internal parts and how well they did fit. It was a very good shotgun for its price range.

We looked for replacement parts (for just in case) but found out they are very hard to come by.

Since these are fairly old guns, a good internal cleaning is probably called for. Don't be afraid of the chore, just take photos as you go. In addition to cleaning up the trigger parts, I would pull the firing pins and springs and clean them and their nesting spots as well.

Search tags for this page
benelli silver snipe
benelli silver snipe problem
beretta s55 shotguns for sale
beretta silver snipe
beretta silver snipe 20 ga stock removal

beretta silver snipe manual

beretta silver snipe owners manual
beretta silver snipr disaddembly