1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Beretta Shotgun Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TOM416, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOM416

TOM416 Member

The shotgun I have is an older model (1993) Beretta 682 Sporting.
    When I was shooting sporting clays this weekend I had a problem where the top barrel would fire but the bottom would not, the trigger would not even move for the second shot. However, if I fired the bottom barrel first, the top barrel would then fire on the second pull of the trigger. I tried this several times as I thought perhaps the load was the problem but I have fired this load many times before in this gun. I can still use the gun by firing the bottom barrel first, but I would like to fix this problem. Can someone advise me as to what I need to look for if I take the butt stock off OR do I need to take it to a gunsmith? I live in the Malvern, PA area and I do not know of anyone I would trust it with in my area.
    If I can at least look for a problem I would like to, I would appreciate any help that the Beretta experts on this board could offer me.
    Thank you,
    Tom Hartman

2. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

tom416,

When everything else fails send it to Rich Cole In Maine.

Sandy Holehouse

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's wrong with bottom first? Also, make sure you haven't moved the bbl selector with your thunb, easy to do on those!

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Send it to Cole's for a D&C......it's worth every penny!!

Curt

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

I suspect it needs a good cleaning and then re-springed. As stated above - Coles is hard to beat. J&P has spring kits for the 680 series - but there really aren't any instructions out there for how to tear down a 680 series receiver.

john

6. mono1393

mono1393 Member

It sounds like you moved the selector. Some of the newer guns had a screw that you can put in to keep it from moving. I had Phillip put one in my selector switch to keep it from moving. Try that before you send it off to a gunsmith.

7. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

Tom, you're only about an hour from Allem's Guncraft in Zionsville (right outside of Allentown). Give them a call and take the ride up there. John Jr is an exceptional gunsmith. you'll get your gun fixed and won't have to ship it either.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.