1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Beretta S686 Trap

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Dottore, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dottore

Dottore TS Member

0   0   0

I have my eye on a Beretta S686 12 ga, 30" barrels, Fixed Choke Tubes, Improved Modified and Full. Has custom deflector stock pad, and comes with custom aluminum hard case. All metal is fully engraved.. I can't seem to find info on this gun. Is it an onyx , a special? It was made in 2006 and has Trap written on the barrel. I am assuming it is 2 3/4 chamber? Asking price is 1500 or best offer.
    Any input regarding info on this gun ( model, asking price, amount I should offer) as well as any takes on how it would stack up as a Trap shooter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Ciao,
    Leonardo

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The Onyx was really a field gun.

Sounds like someone fitted a set of trap barrels to it...

3. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

0   0   0

I'm not sure of the year, but Beretta made a 686 that had a International Trap stock, beavertail forearm, 30" fixed choke barrel trap gun. As you stated it came IM and Full fixed chokes.

anthony12ga_2008_0303195.jpg

This one is for sale on Guns America. The one I have has the newer engraving and the forearm metal, trigger guard and top latch are also nickle.

Here's a link to the same question that someone posted a while back

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread_archive.cfm?threadid=222591&Messages=8

4. Dottore

Dottore TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks HSLDS and Anthony12ga. It looks as though the gun came with the barrels? I am going to attempt to put up a pic of gun.

The gun looks a lot like the one you posted Anthony. What is your opinion of your S686? Should I be concerned that it has 30" barrels, as opposed to 32" or that the chokes are fixed? Thank you.
    Ciao,
    Dottore

dottore_2012_0206.jpg

5. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

0   0   0

You should be able to check the serial number on the barrels' monoblock and the serial number of the receiver to see if it's factory original.

In my opinion, the early model 686s are a better built gun than the current ones. The only difference between them and the current 682E is the replaceable barrel shoulders (that never wear out anyway), the adjustable trigger, and cosmetics differences.

If the gun fits you and you have confidence in it and the fixed chokes, then I'd start breaking targets and never looks back. It's usually when our minds start playing games and we start second guessing our equipment that we start missing targets and it's easier to find fault in our equipment.

The only drawbacks I see is the barrel selector is fixed, so that you can only shoot the bottom barrel first. But with the IM bottom barrel choke, use 8s for singles and 7 1/2s for handicaps. You might be limiting yourself a little shooting doubles with that choke configuration.

6. Dottore

Dottore TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Anthony12ga,
    Thank you for the input. I am curious, how can you tell that the barrel selector is fixed? Can it b undone? Do you shoot the bottom barrel first with most O/Us? I am considering purchasing a 32" O/U barrel set for the Beretta if I purchase it. I would want to sell the 30" barrels. Any idea what they would be worth, where I could find out? Thanks.
    Ciao,
    Dottore

7. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

0   0   0

The barrel selector(if your gun has one)is on top of the safety. My 686 Trap does not have a selector. The bottom barrel always fires first. I'm pretty sure it can be fitted with one. You could call Coles Gunsmithing, they could give you a price. You can try listing them for sale on here and see if there is an interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta s686 special trap