1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help with beginner

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fikey, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fikey

fikey TS Member

i am new to shooting clays. i have no professional experience or expertise in "how to" shoot. please, i would appreciate any tips to help me improve (ie. leave both eyes open or not).
    thanks,
    fikey

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

Get a trainer with a good local reputation. If a Trainer has to travel out of state to do training, there is a fair chance he has a bad reputation where he lives.

3. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Richard I sent you a private message.

Shooting Coach --I travel out of state and do not have a bad reputation where I live- in fact I have an excellent reputation coast to coast and border to border--

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- I agree, you have a reputation all over the USA.

fikey- Most of us started out wrong. We hung around a trap club, listened to a lot of advice, much of which was wrong, and shot many years developing bad habits. Frank Little said many times that he would rather coach a new shooter than one who has been shooting for many years. He said this to me during one of our informal lessons. I showed Frank hoe to do many things wrong and he taught me how to do a couple of things right.

Pat Ireland

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Shooting Coach, I know that Phil is loved in Cheyenne, Harlan is in Tribune, Leo is loved in New London area these fellas are also highly respected where they love. Thus Iam having trouble believing your statement quote "If a Trainer has to travel out of state to do training, there is a fair chance he has a bad reputation where he lives."

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

from my point,,,,both eyes open, shoot from the same side as your domminate eye, 2nd a clinic in your area with a good track record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.