Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HELP with Auto Drive on PW

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  whiz white 
#1 ·
I am absolutely puzzled. My PW800+ and auto drive was working perfectly. I loaded a couple thousand of shells and decided to switch from 1 oz to 7/8 oz. So I switched the shot bushing. Had a little trouble getting the rack to move forward enough to remove the bushing but got it changed. The only thing I changed was from AA HS hulls to Rem Nitro, and changed the shot bushing. The machine runs fine UNTIL each shell holder is full, and the plate gets to the final crimp station. Then all of the sudden it does not cycle all the way up and the clutch on the auto drive initiates. I have emptied the machine, cleaned, and ran empty. Seems fine! Start up with a new round and all is well UNTIL the final stage again, then the machine doesn't cycle again. Anyone experience this? My next step I may try removing the auto drive arm and try using the manual arm and see what happens.

#3 ·
Goose2 has the answer. The slip clutch may need to be tightened. It is a good idea to check the loader in manual operation mode to be sure the force required is normal.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

#8 ·
Thanks guys. Operated manually several rounds. I did notice that it took a little added pressure to drop the finished shell out. Also noticed that the primer seams to take added pressure to seat primer. Anyway, eventually hooked auto drive back up and no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.